Friday, August 18, 2006

Good Timing...

Good timing... I told myself I would try to get in at least one post per month. Looks like I'm right on time! The girls are 13 months old today. Sylvia is finally starting to talk. Mya isn't yet, but she's definitely a discoverer! They are extremely active and into everything! They are so cute to watch play together. I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow. That makes me so sad. I love having my time with them. But since there is no available commune right now, I still have to work. (That's a whole separate rant... do i want to be in debt or even MORE in debt). I don't want to leave them with anyone else for so long. Not that I don't trust their nanny... she's great, but I don't want to miss anything!

I have to brag on them though... they spent over 5 1/2 hours at the DMV yesterday. They didn't even begin to break down... not even a whimper! for about 3 1/2 hours! They did SO well. I took them out to sleep in the car while M finished up and then we went to eat at Applebee's... they didn't make a single fuss there either. I'm so proud of them!

I also found a cool new way to put them to sleep. Usually I would let one play on the floor and put the other to sleep. It took about 30 minutes to get both of them down that way. But the other day, they were just both so tired at the same time that I couldn't bear to make one of them stay up any longer... and how do you choose? So I wrapped them both up, cuddled one into the other (spoon style), layed (laid?) down with them, patted them both on the waist and they were out in 15 minutes. They fussed a little bit in the beginning just like they do when they are alone, but being that close to each other didn't make a single difference. And they slept incredibly well. So, for the next nap, I tried it again and voila, down without a fight. These are children who hate falling asleep for fear of missing something. Maybe they just needed to be closer. *sigh* I love my little girls.

Oh and I just found out my mom is a CIO advocate. That makes me sad. Now I don't want to leave the girls there overnight. Not that I'd be able to anytime soon. Two toddlers is too much for her since she can't get around easily.

Well, that's it for now. As soon as my insurance kicks in, the girls will be going to get their shots and i'll let you know the stats.

Here is a gratuitous cuteness picture.

No comments: