Thursday, September 29, 2005

Smilies and such

The girls are smiling! It's official and on purpose! Oh, it's the most amazing thing ever. It melts my heart every time they do it. I just want to hug them and snuggle them and keep them this little and perfect forever! Even the cranky fussiness doesn't bother me like it used to. I know I just have to hold onto them and comfort them the best I can. It sort of teaches me that I can't keep them away from all harm, but I can always be there for them when something hurts. Does that make sense?

My other favorite thing about the girls is seeing them in the morning. It's like their little angelic faces are new all over again. And their skin is so soft, so when they grab on and lean against me while I'm feeding them, I can feel how innocent they are. Oh, they're just perfect.

Yesterday, I had an IEP meeting for one of my kids. I have all fourth graders this year. The mother of the student we met on still dresses and washes him before school. She doesn't make any of her children do chores because she's the mother and takes care of them. She also has a 22 year old son that lives at home and she washed his hands the other day because he "didn't do it well enough". Now, you may think, wow, she needs to let go. And I did think that. But then I also thought about how easy it would be to just spoil and pamper my kids the same way. So, someone watch out for me and make me instill some kind of work ethic in my kids!

1 comment:

chicfabrique.etsy.com said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. It's funny how you change so much after having a baby!